Better to Know before starting…
DVD +/-R :Write once DVD Drive which holds upto 4.3 GB
DVD +/- RW :ReWritable DVD
DVD +/- R DL :Dual Layer DVD which hold upto 7.9GB
DVD 5:Single sided Single Layer DVD that stores upto 4.3GB. supports DVD+-R, DVD+-RW
DVD 9: Single Sided Dual layer DVD stores upto 7.9 GB.a DVD-9 is basically two plastic DVD-5s pressed together. Does not support DVD+-R , DVD+-RW, Only video DVD format is supported.
Step By Step:
1) Download and install DVD Shrink
2) Click on ‘open disc’ and select the source DVD9. Then it will perform some analysis.
3) select full Disk option and select all main menu, menus, extras and hit backup. Adjust some settings like un check ‘DTS option to reduce the size.
4) Select the target harddrive location for backup(do not select DVD5 to burn).
5) This process will take some time like 20-30 minutes to shrink. Then burn it to DVD5 using Nero software, I got burn failed at 8x error so many times. Then i tried burn process at 6x speed and it is success